Benefits of the CONTURO Hand Held Edge Bander.
- Precision glue application for a perfect adhesion in a fixed position or when used on a mobile application.
- Capability of a stationary edge bander in a sleek, portable, hand held design.
- Combine with trim router, MFT/3, accessories and consumable materials to deliver the perfect edge.
- Quick and mess-free changing of adhesive colors.
- Less expensive than other production edge banding machines.
- Does not take up large amounts of shop space like a stationary machine.
- Fast start up, thermal isolation to prevent spilling or burns.
- Capable of edge banding curves and circles, inside corners, and tight radii.
Achieve the perfect edge.
We are revolutionizing edge banding with a systems-based approach centered on a new hot melt edge bander, the KA 65 Conturo. Engineered to provide a single, easily-portable solution for creating the perfect edge on a variety of furniture designs, cabinets, casework and other work pieces, the CONTURO easily edges straight surfaces, curves, radii, convex and concave shapes, as well as internal corners.
The CONTURO is suitable for machining all types of wood, plastic or melamine edging and can accommodate banding with a height of 18-65 mm (23/32″ – 2-9/16″) and thickness of 0.5-3.0 mm (1/32″-1/8″). The system features a self-contained glue cartridge system that eliminates glue-pot related hassles while enabling rapid color changes.
A complete edge banding system.
This system is further supported by an additional MFK Trim Router model with a new edge trimming base, matched radius router bits, a wide assortment of edge finishing accessories and even a new MFT table for stationary use.
To make it even easier for customers to gain the perfect edge, an accessory kit KB-KA that includes many accessories neatly packed in a Systainer IV is available alone, or may be packaged with the KA 65 Conturo as a set. This kit includes, Edge Banding Reel, Additional Roller, Edge Banding Trimmer, Scraper, StickFix Base Kit with 3x Felt Pad, 5x Polishing Felt, 20x Abrasive Sheets StickFix Brilliant 2 80 x 133 P320, Hand-Sanding Block 80 x 133 mm, and 5x StickFix Sanding Cloth S 800.
With the new CONTURO Edge Bander, it’s just just as easy to apply edge banding on the job site as it is in the shop. Even if you have a large stationary edge banding machine, the CONTURO can complement your edge banding process by giving you a way to work with radii, circular pieces, bevels and small pieces.
The CONTURO’s offers exceptional ergonomic design, including dual speeds, and a unique patented hot melt glue adhesive system. There’s no risk of burns because the glue system is thermally isolated.
Ditch the iron or hot air gun to and gain the benefits of a dedicated edge banding machine without the cost associated with stationary equipment.
For more information, visit the CONTURO website for more information.
- Inexpensive compared to alternatives like stationary edge banding machines
- Capable of edge banding curves, circles, convex and concave radii and inside corners
- Electronically controlled precision glue distribution system for maximum adhesion
- Compact, portable, ergonomic design for easy use and flexibility
- Optional table mounting for working with small work pieces
|Natural EVA Adhesive, 4-Pack||Yes|
|Support handle / guide table||Yes|
|Systainer T-LOC SYS 4||Yes|
|Inner Radius||Minimum of 2″ (50mm)|
|Max. Banding Height||23/32″ to 2-9/16″ (18-65mm)|
|Max. Banding Thickness||1/32″ to 1/8″ (0.5-3.0mm)|
|Weight||17.4 lbs (7.9 kg.)|